Graeae’s bespoke Artist Development programme is back! Starting in 2020 it has supported 48 Deaf, disabled and neurodivergent artists in developing their careers, taking on new challenges & building successful connections.
Beyond is helping to develop greater access to regional opportunities across England ensuring Deaf, disabled and neurodivergent artists are at the forefront of new and emerging work. We recognise the immense value of our intersectionality across our communities, which includes Black, Asian, Global Majority, migrant, and LGBTQIA+ artists, which is why our approach is to be as bespoke as possible for each individual artist on the programme.
Graeae have teamed up with 7 leading venues across England ; Octagon Theatre in Bolton, Nottingham Playhouse, Cast in Doncaster, Hull Truck, Shakespeare North in Prescot, Everyman in Liverpool and Derby Theatre. Together we are creating a national network of artistic support and development for Deaf, disabled and neurodivergent artists.
“I am so confident now when entering a room, working on a project, going to an audition. Because of this project I understand how to hold myself as a professional in the industry.”
- The programme runs from September 2023 until March 2025
- The amount of time spent on the programme is set by each individual artist according to their availability.
- It offers 18 months of bespoke support including:
- practical resources such as industry specific workshops,
- creative spaces
- micro bursaries
- networking opportunities
- support with funding applications
- This programme is designed to support artists who could most benefit from alliances with regional theatres in the North, North West, East Midlands.
- You might live, work or have a deep connection with any of the areas where are partner theatres are based: Bolton, Prescott, Nottingham, Derby, Hull, Liverpool or Doncaster.
- Graeae has a designated Access Manager who will oversee provision of access for all the artists both in the application process and once artists are on the programme itself.
- Artists access requirements will be met by Graeae or your connected regional theatre.
- If you choose & if appropriate you can also be supported in applying for Access To Work.