If you’re a beginner writer, you might want to check out our Play chats. If you have a piece of work in development that you think would benefit from being explored in a rehearsal room setting, you may wish to apply to a Play Lab. Or you may want to apply for our flagship new writing programme, Write to Play. If the above initiatives don’t feel right for you, we also accept unsolicited script submissions in dedicated script windows.
PLEASE NOTE: The window for 2016 submissions is currently closed.
Before sending us your work, we encourage you to familiarise yourself with our work and history, by seeing one of our shows if you can, and by watching our showreel.
The next round for submissions will be announced soon. We accept work sent in script form or, if you work in BSL, you may wish to send us a link to your work being signed.
What we’re looking for
Graeae’s new work is wide ranging in subject matter and form. What unites all our new work productions however is bold, theatrically innovative and inclusive storytelling that celebrates diversity and offers fresh perspectives on human rights and the human experience.
We are looking for plays that:
- demonstrate confident and inclusive storytelling
- are theatrically bold and innovative
- celebrate diversity and offer fresh perspectives on human rights and the human experience
- while Graeae has a strong history of placing disability and access centre stage, we welcome plays about anything and everything, not just narratives with a disability focus
- we are particularly interested in unheard voices that shine new light on the world we live in in unique, urgent and exciting ways
- are generous, far-reaching and high impact
We are only able to accept scripts written by D/deaf and disabled artists. For more information, or to send us your work during the script submission round, email email@example.com