APPLICATIONS FOR PLAY LABS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Play Labs are open to D/deaf and disabled writers, performers and theatre makers of all levels and experience, who have an idea that would benefit specifically from being unpicked and explored with a creative team in a rehearsal room setting.
The opportunity offers successful applicants:
- One day’s R&D in Graeae’s accessible studio space
- Support from Graeae in assembling a creative team
- A budget of up to £700 to cover all artists’ fees, expenses, access costs and materials
- Mentorship and creative advice leading up to and immediately following the Play Lab date
How to apply:
In order to apply, you will need to send in a proposal. Your proposal should answer the following questions in one document (Word or pdf).
- Tell us about you. In a short paragraph, describe your skills and interests
- Pitch us your project in no more than 400 words
- What is the one question you wish to explore in the Play Lab?
- A brief explanation of how your idea will benefit from a Play Lab
- A proposed breakdown of your creative team (this could be actors, a dramaturg, a choreographer etc.)
- Show us where the Play Lab fits within the bigger development and delivery of your project
- If you have existing material that will support your application, such as sample writing or a link to your work, you are welcome to send this in but this is not obligatory. Supplementary material must not exceed 10 pages.
All applicants must identify as D/deaf and/or disabled.
We welcome applications from artists that live and work across the UK.
Unfortunately, we are unable to give feedback on unsuccessful proposals.
All access needs will be met. If you have any questions about access, or require this information in a different format, please contact email@example.com.
If you have any further questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.